Don’t pack up your shamrocks just yet! St. Pat’s is officially here and, despite the parade being last weekend, Dallas is in no shortage of celebrations. So if you flaked out last Saturday because of the rain, or you’re just ready to keep the the luck o’ the Irish coming, here are a few places I recommend hitting up:
- Idle Rich Pub – This authentic pub is a *must* for SPD. It’s got a unique vibe for McKinney Avenue, plus they’ll have a U2 cover band, Irish dancers, and a bagpiper. The fun starts at 6pm. Invite your friends, or they’ll will be green with envy.
- The Ginger Man Dallas – C’mon, this place should be top o’ mind, lassie! They live and breathe beer. For the holiday, they’ll have festive pints and live music from Mr. Blue Sky.
- Deep Ellum Wine Walk–St. Patrick’s Shindig – For just $10 you can celebrate, and feel cultured as you sip your wine while walking through the different art galleries and shops of Deep Ellum. Ok, this is happening today at 6pm…so don’t miss out!
- The Old Monk – Head over to Henderson where you’ll find authentic fare, beer, and whiskey (hello, Irish car bombs!). Oh, and there will also be live music and Irish dancers. The shenanigans start at 11AM on Friday.
- Eastwood’s St. Pat’s & March Madness – I’ve recently become a big fan of Eastwood’s because they have a bomb-ass ladies’ night on Wednesdays. Seriously, look into it. They’re combining March Madness w/ St. Pat’s for prizes and good times. Green beer and lunch specials served at 11am!
- Happiest Hour – Not exactly the place you think of for SPD, but they’ll have pretty great deals, both Friday and Saturday. $4 green beer, $6 Guiness drafts, $6 Jameson Whiskey. More than just a wee-bit exciting!
I can’t pick a fave! Where are you headed for St. Pat’s in Dallas this weekend?